Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Craziness

So, I'm officially a "blogger." Everyone is doing it so figured I'd jump on the band wagon.
As you know, I have now been married for 3 months. Married life is such a blessing and my wife truly is amazing. I know for a fact that I would not be where I'm at today without her in my life.
I'm going to preference this paragraph by saying, God is great and I know His will is being done in our lives.
So, about 2 weeks ago I put in a 5 week resignation with my current company. I have been looking for other opportunities for the past few months but definitely did not want to "quit" before I had another job lined up. Given the circumstance and the situation of basically being forced to do so, Julie and I (with the prayers of many) decided it would be best for us for me to go ahead and resign. It was a very difficult decision but had it not been made, a customer of ours that I have butted heads with for the past few months basically made it his goal to get me fired or to drive me to quit.
So, here we are, 2 1/2 weeks until we are out a paycheck and I still haven't had a job offer.
There have been several interviews....a few call backs for a 2nd interview, but I fell short due to my "lack of sales experience." It's frustrating but, what can you do? Keep on keeping on (joe dirt)
Monday I had a 2nd interview with a great company that looked promising. The competition was stiff and I was very well aware of what I was going up against. With lots of research done on the company, their competition, and how I was going to answer the questions asked, I felt extremely confident in my chances. Afterall, I made it to the final 4 candidates. Well, needless to say they went with another candidate which was fine (only makes me mad b/c I'm competitive) It was actually a great experience and one that I can definitely learn from. The interviewer was great, she asked difficult questions and put me on the spot for me to show my stuff as a sales rep. I spoke with her today and got a lot of great feedback on things I can improve on going forward in interviews to come. She actually gave me a huge confidence boost in saying that my answers were great, my sales presentation was great (she basically said, I'm the physician, sell me your product without any script etc), I was more prepared than any of the other candidates, and that I was very articulate for being as young a I was. Then she basically said that she would love to take me under her wing and mold me into this fantastic sales rep which she knows I have the potential and drive to be but unfortunately she did not have time as they had to have immediate impact on their territory. Best part about it, she said to please keep in touch and said she would keep in touch with me to let me know how things were going and if another opportunity comes about I would be the first person she called. So, even though I didn't get the job (still upsetting) at least I have the confidence to keep uncovering opportunities.
So I'm back to applying again. I know full well that God will provide. With the prayers of my amazing wife, my mom and dad, Mike and Barbara (in laws:)) and so many others I am filled with so much hope that things are going according to God's plan.
He's taught me so much patience through all of this and my faith is ever increasing.

I know this is long but I had a lot on my mind to let go of. Lord take control and open our eyes to your good and perfect will.

"For I know the Plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you." "Plans to give you hope and a future."

-Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yea for your first blog!! Love you!

Suzanne said...

yae jason! welcome to blogworld...its addicting! sorry about the frustrating job hunt..yall are definitely in our prayers! love you, cuz!