Yes, it's true....weekends go by too fast!
We had a good weekend minus the fact that I fell asleep on the love seat both nights.
We're finally getting close to getting the nursery complete and patiently awaiting the arrival of baby Reagan.
Saturday I had to do the hated task of mowing - there are 2 things in life that I want.....one a maid (I dislike cleaning...A LOT) and 2 someone to mow my lawn.....Come to think of it, that just makes me lazy...but, It is what it is!!
With the little rain we had last week our weeds are looking fantastic....Seems like every time I pick a weed or spray to kill them, they multiply in number and in color - we now have butter cups and sunflowers growing in th back yard!!! Pretty much everthing is growing but the turfalo we planted 2 years ago. But, at least it's green.
After mowing we headed out to do some shopping. After the last stay at the hospital we decided we needed to be more prepared in case it happens again - here's a list of what we need
1) Laptop with movies (tv is not very entertaining at 3:00 am when you can't sleep because you have frost bite
2) comfortable pants/sweats
3) comfortable long sleeve shirt
4) jacket (seriously - I was freezing)
5) blanket/pillow - my mother in law embroidered a fleee blanket with me - it says...Julie's Baby's Daddy - how awesome is that!
6) COMFORTABLE SHOES!!!! boots will not work, sketchers will not work
7) Play Station 3 - that'd be sweet if my wife would let me:)
We went to Target, Academy, Kohls, Kid's Village, and to some antique store that smelled lovely (that's a joke)
Sunday we went to class and church, Taco Bell, and to Sam's - came home, took naps, and went to Walmart for 3 years it seemed like!! We always spend so much time in walmart and it takes about an hour to walk from one side of the store to the other. Especially when you have a prego woman slowing you down:) haha - actually she now walks as slow as I do - so it's nice!!!
This weekend I actually had 2 ideas that Julie liked....It was HUGE....most of the time in life as a man there are things we just need to accept....things that we never really have a say in and it's just apart of life. Here are some things that we have no say in as men.
1) wedding stuff - all you need to know is when and where to stand - and pick out your cake (if you're lucky)
2) decorating the house after you get married.....I don't know what's wrong with deer heads, turkey feathers, a few couches you bought at good will, and a few random pictures - but for some reason it just doesn't fly
There are more I know and now to the point......Point number 2 is where I come in.....We're finishing up the nursery as stated above and I really have just been the one that:
1) puts the furniture together
2) takes the furniture a part to move it to the other room and puts it back together
3) hang the curtain tie back thingy
4) hands over his life savings to purchase everything in the room
Those have been my dealings with decorating this room - not much until this weekend.
I love the scripture Jeremiah 29:11 - it's my favorite scripture and I really wanted it to be in the baby room. It says: "For I know the plans I have for you," Declares the Lord,"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
So I told Julie I wanted this and she started looking around at frames and what not, so I was thinking it'd be this little picture frame that she'd buy just to make me happy.....then would throw it in the closet are in some drawer. But, much to my surprise she found the vinly word decal with this scripture.....that's actually going on the wall (I think) and it's big....like 25" x 25".
And that was my idea......straight from the mind of Jason Webb....and she liked it and is using it.....That has to be a first not only from me but from many other men......I should be an interior decorator - haha......just kidding....or am i?
That's it - that's all I have.....75 days left until our bundle of joy gets here....with as much as she's moving around.....looks like she's already enrolled in gymnastics or karate.....she's bound to sleep for at least 3 weeks after she's born - she's making me tired just watching Julie's stomach bounce around.
God Bless each of you this week.