Sunday, June 14, 2009

week in review

As most of the weeks are around the Webb house, it was crazy.
Julie left Saturday morning for her week in Arlington with her family. I was looking forward to a little time to myself to unwind and get ready for Reagan's arrival.....needless to say I missed her and the dogs a lot....Last week was week 4 so I worked a lot of hours so I really wasn't at the house a lot.
When I was home I did was working on my honey do list which seemed like a mile long. I cleaned the entire house.....yes I....Jason Webb....cleaned the entire house. I scrubbed floors, mopped floors, did like 11 loads of laundry (no joke), vacuumed, dusted, vacuumed some more, and started working on getting our baseboards back in order.
It was almost more enjoyable working than cleaning - I hate cleaning - I've come to realize that we need a maid....not because I'm lazy (only partially) but because I really dislike cleaning. There are so many other things I would rather 1) eat 2) sleep 3) Watch tv 4) go fishing...ok so maybe I am lazy but this week I worked my rear off.

Wednesday was a fun day - The stroller my parents ordered from Kid's Village came in so we were excited. I went to pick it up and as soon as I got in my truck to drive away from the office the bottom fell out of the flooded the streets in Abilene (not hard to do) in about 15 minutes....I loaded it up and head back to the office....I had to pull onto the sidewalk of Kids Village to escape the rain and to get the stroller loaded without getting was unbelievable.

Thursday night was the only night I didn't do anything. I got home from work at 7:30, cooked me a nice meal and decided I would watch 1 tv show before I started cleaning again....well that one show turned into 2, and about half way through the second show I was asleep on the couch.......didn't move all night and woke up at 6:00 Friday morning....I guess I wore myself out.

Friday my parents were in town and I got to meet up with them and Jeff and Hayley at Fazoli's for lunch. Went back to work and finally ended the period (another rough period but it's getting better) around 6:00pm Friday night. I met up with them again at Roadhouse for some good dinner and headed home to get my parents in their room and to show them Reagan's room.

About 12 we hit the sack to prepare for a busy....busy day. we got up around 9:00 am and I had to do the other thing I hate....mow the lawn (we got some dang good rain last week and my grass grew a lot). So, I mowed and my dad weed eated and we knocked it out pretty quick......met Jeff and Hayley at Cracker Barrel (that place is good) then headed to lowes to pick up a few items to get the baseboards done. I feel bad but my dad worked his rear off this weekend. We got the boards nailed back down and caulked em up - they look just need a fresh coat of paint and they'll be new......not bad considering April of 08 is when we originally took them off for the first go round of laminant flooring.....we're on top of things here!! haha

Julie and the dogs made it home around 5:30 and man....was I glad to see them. A week is way too long. We all went to Los Arcos for dinner and crashed pretty early that night.

Sunday was our first Baby Shower.....yes....time has gone by so fast and I cannot believe Julie is already 31 weeks pregnant. There was a great turn out and we got a lot of great stuff....I love toys......I dislike putting baby toys together though.....they're difficult and tons of small pieces.
After the shower my parents and Julie's mom headed back to their cities and the house was quiet again.

We have amazing family and friends. Thanks to everyone for taking time out of their schedules to make it to this shower. We have one more in Arlington on the 27th of June. It's crazy but that will probably be the last time Julie is allowed to travel since she'll be 33+ weeks pregnant!!!!

Tomorrow I'm off for my 3rd of 5 unpaid days off which I'm looking forward too. I have a lot on my to do list and I'm sure my phone will be ringing off the wall. Hopefully this unpaid day off will not be accompanied with a trip to the ER for Julie....she feels great so I'm optimistic if something does happen she can hold off until Tuesday - hahah, just kidding.

I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: