Sunday, November 30, 2008

I had an Awesome time

Well...Thanksgiving has come and gone - which is a bummer. I love Thanksgiving. Great time with family and LOTS....and LOTS of food. That's how we roll in our family. We make enough to feed a small army (as my dad always says) This year was no exception. We had the usual....
Fried Turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Vegetable
CasserolePapa's corn (the best stuff ever)
mashed potatos
Creme Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Dirt Cake
All of the food was absolutely amazing - good enough to each 3 times in the 2 days we were in Boerne.
Julie and I got to Boerne Thursday around 11:30. Which, we said hello and howdy, and got down to business - eating. After lunch we hung our for a while then got ready to go to Austin.

My dad last week won 4 tickets to the UT vs A&M game which started at 7:00 that night.So Jeff, my mom and dad, and I booked it to Austin, go there around 5:30 to go to the pre-game party State Farm had set up for us. It was awesome - we walked into the tent while the cheerleaders were doing some cheer.....lalalalala.
While we went to the game - Julie and Hayley went to see a movie - I don't know what it's called but it's the one with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon......the only part in the movie I know from the commercials is where the baby throws up on Reese and Vince says - I'm going to vomit - i thought that was hilarious because I have this feeling that's how it's going to be if I see baby vomit.
Back to Austin....we had a blast!!!! That stadium is absolutely amazing! I havent' been there since Senior year of college - before they did all the renovations. The Jumbotron is enormous -pretty much takes up my entire neighborhood - and the game was obviously great for me.Here are some pics from the game:
Blury but totally Awesome

Da Boys
Jumbotron


Close up of Jumbotron


McCoy

Chiles

Stadium from our seats

Pre-Game warm ups



We got back around 12 that night and were starving - so we heated up left overs before we all went to bed (Julie went to bed about 9:00pm - yeah she's old;)
Friday was fun - Julie and Hayley decided to get up at the butt crack of before dawn to hit up the shops - they left the house around 5:30 am - yes - i said am - talk about die hards.....they didn't get back until after noon. That's a lot of shopping.
The rest of the day we pretty much hung out. Ate some more - Julie napped and we all watched tv. That afternoon Jeff, Dad, and I went out to shoot some pistols. My dad wants to get a hand gun and so he was shooting ours to see what he likes.....Jeff has a Glock 9mm and .45cal (both compact - and I have the full size Glock 9mm. So we went through about 10 rounds and had some fun shooting some stuff! I love shooting - it's awesome.
That night we went to Boerne on the Square. It's where they close down main street to traffic and open up all the shops until about 10 or so. That was fun.....i mean....that was ok.....i mean.....i was tired of walking - we'll put it that way.
I saw half my graduating class which was cool - julie bought some stuff....we went in 1 store that smelt like a nursing home gone bad but all in all they had some cool stuff to look at.
We took Champ and Boomer...Jeff and Hayley took Patton - Abby had surgery on Tuesday so she didn't get to join in the festivities. Patton was a little skeptical of Champ....for some reason....but it was entertaining to say the least.

So Saturday morning we woke up early and hit the road about 8:00 am. Champ and Boomer were pooped
Any who - it was a great Thanksgiving - we had a blast - now it's back to the grind of work - boooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnng.
I hope everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving. We truly do have a lot to be Thankful for!



No comments: