Saturday, December 13, 2008

not cool

So things with work have been extremely busy lately. Which is a great thing.
I've been doing a lot of driving, which is boring but it's a part of the job.
We finally landed a big job i've been working on since July which makes me happy. It also means that I have work to do to make sure it gets done correctly and in a timely manner. Last Friday (the 5th) I was in San Angelo kind of over-seeing the project and how it was going.
I WAS THERE ALL DAY! I had an appointment in Abilene at 10:30 that morning to get a new contract signed (hallelujah - also one I worked on for 3-4 months) then high tailed it to San Angelo. I got to Angelo around 1:00pm and did not leave until 6:30. Got back to the branch at 8 and headed home at 8:30...yes....that's PM....yes that's 8:30PM on a Friday. Can you say I work too much! But it's ok because the job will be done by Christmas:)
Last weekend was lazy.....we had the floors removed Saturday but other than that we did not do much of anything - I love weekends like that!

This past week was a bit.....interesting....well....different....well it flat out stunk. Monday I was here at the house with the bookshelp guy - helping him get the bookshelf up and running. Tuesday I was back in San Angelo with my boss, for a few meetings and getting some totes picked up......It was drizzly and cold and heck!!! Wednesday, I was with my boss in Sweetwater for more meetings (by Wednesday I felt like crap.) By the time Wednesday night rolled around I couldn't do much of anything. I felt so bad Thursday morning I actually went to the Dr. I had a 102 fever, body ache, sinus pressure every where, head ache, coughing, sneezing, wheezing, and all the goods. Found out I had bronchitis - awesomeness. Needless to say I didn't work Thursday.......went back to bed at 10:30 am and woke up at 4:30 pm - talked to Julie for a bit, went back to bed - slept on and off until dinner......ate dinner and went back to sleep at 9:00pm until the next morning.
Friday I was so sore - from sleeping WAY too much that I decided to go to work. I'm not a very good patient....but i get really bored....really fast.....So I actually worked all day friday and got home about 5:30 - ate dinner and was back in bed by 8:30pm.

I feel better today - still coughing a lot with a lot of congestion but at least I can kind of breathe!!!!!

1 comment:

M said...

SARS!

YOU HAVE SARS!

Get a a mask on (or a bandana, old west style) before someone else gets it!

I hope you feel heaps better soon. Take your vitamins (I prefer Children's chewables) and drink plenty of water.

Don't make me come down there.