Monday, October 22, 2007

finally it's fall

Where did fall come from? I don't know but ya know what....I love it! Finally out of the 90's and into the 50's...well 59 was our high today. It's awesome. Makes me want to play some football. Perfect weather.

I had my 13 week evaluation today with my boss and his boss. It was basically an interview plus an assessment on where I'm at. Thank goodness that and training are over with. I had to do more role plays which is no big deal. Answer questions on the spot about our company and if this is the situation how would I respond. Typical business stuff. Needless to say, I sweated through my undershirt but lived to see another day. They said i did a great job, and that we just have a few more things to go over next week. All in all it went well and the job was awarded to me - thank goodness or that'd been interesting.

Today I made 50 phone calls to try to get appointments and new business and what not.....guess how many said no....you got it....all 50. Goes with the territory of sales but it's still frustrating. Especially since i just got my territory and I want to show people I'm competent at selling. but dah well...I'll be in Sonora and Junction tomorrow so that'll give me time in the field by myself.

There is a lot going on since the last time I wrote. ACUs homecoming was this weekend so lots of old friends were in town. Met up with some of them on Friday night...Makes me feel so old. All we did was sit around and talk about the good old days of club. How things have changed and we don't like them. And how we want to petition pledging because it's weak now. Wen't out to the homecoming float (every year at homecoming all of the "pledges" build a float for the parade.) I felt even older knowing that our pledges this year 6 years younger than me. But, needless to say it was fun.
Saturday morning I actually got up for homecoming breakfast at 6:30....decided that they should change it to homecoming brunch and I'd be much happier. It was still good to see everyone and circle up to sing our club song....which a) is still the longest song ever b) I barely remembered all the words. lovely

All in all, things are fantastic in my world. Truly blessed with a great wife and family. I hope everyone is having a great week and enjoys the good weather! Be blessed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason.. So glad that things are going well for you..Hope you have a fantastic week and that those sales will just start pouring in. Tell Julie hi for us.. Love you lots baby....